Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Six-Pack Secret

Are you having trouble getting that six-pack you've always wanted?

Are your abs holding you back from having that perfect build?

That is exactly the position I found myself in a few month back. I've been weight training for years and even though my abs were well defined, I did not have the sexy six-pack that all women go crazy for. I've spent hours upon hours searching the net for tips on building the perfect abs only to find spam pages trying to sell expensive products.

Than I started thinking. How is it that I can build my biceps, triceps and pectorals so fast and well defined, yet my abs are lacking? After putting some thought into it I came to the conclusion that I couldn't get those perfect abs because I was not doing the correct exercise. Most people will only do the regular sit-ups to try and build a six-pack only to be discouraged after months of hard work. What I realized is that your abs are just like any other muscles on your body.

Imagine you were trying to build big biceps by using the same amount of weights over and over again. You would not get very far. This is the mistake that people make when building abs. Doing just regular sit-ups is equivalent to trying to build biceps without increasing your weights. You need to use weights in your abs building routines! So in order to fix this I came up with this exercise:

1) Get into your regualr situp position, but this time hold some weights behind your neck and start doing situps this way. You will instantly realize how weak your abs are as adding even 10lbs behind your neck will make your sit-ups very difficult. Adjust the amount of weights you use so that you can do approximately 10 sit-ups. Once your abs get stronger and you can do more sit-ups, just increase the weight as you would when building any other muscle!

After just a month of using this exercise, my abs became what I have always dreamed of. The perfect six-pack as seen on TV!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been practicing weight lifting as a hobby for more than 5 years and have learned a lot from my own mistakes. For more great tips and tricks on weight lifting and bodybuilding visit www.muscol.com

No comments: